Strictly Come Dancing contestant HRVY has confirmed that he has tested positive for coronavirus.
On Thursday night, The Sun reported that the 21-year-old singer had contracted Covid-19, with HRVY confirming the news himself on Twitter shortly afterward.
“[I] wasn’t gonna worry anyone and say anything but now the story’s out, I have coronavirus,” he explained.
HRVY also said that he’s “all good” and not experiencing any symptoms.
He added: “Just isolating for the next 10 days. Already super bored so prepare yourselves for my TikToks.”
A BBC rep said: “We have rigorous protocols in place to manage Covid-19 as the safety of all those involved in the production is paramount.”
PA News has reported that HRVY will still be taking part in this year’s Strictly launch show, which it’s thought is being filmed on 12 October, “depending on a negative test result”, and that he has so far only come into contact with “a handful” of the show’s crew.
These crew members all self-isolated and underwent coronavirus tests, with only a “minimal impact on production”.
It was previously reported that once the series was underway, anycast members who tested positive would need to self-isolate for two weeks, meaning they’d be unable to continue with the series.
Strictly bosses have already had to make some big adjustments to this year’s series due to the coronavirus crisis, including cutting the show’s run and fewer contestants taking part than usual.
The annual Blackpool special has also been axed, while judge Bruno Tonioli will be unable to take his usual seat on the panel, because of travel commitments, although he will offer weekly critiques via video-link in the results show each Sunday night.
Strictly is expected to launch on Saturday 17 October, with the first live show airing the following week.