James Cameron has confirmed that the shooting action elements of the Avatar follow-up have been completed.

Cameron made the big reveal during an interview with Arnold Schwarzenegger ahead of the 2020 Austrian World Summit. Speaking by video conference from New Zealand, Cameron explained that the production lost “about four and a half months” owing to COVID-19.

“We’re 100% complete on Avatar 2 and kind of 95% complete on Avatar 3. Cameron also told Schwarzenegger, so where we are right now, “I’m down in New Zealand shooting.”

He said, “We’re able to operate. We’re able to shoot and have a more or less normal life here. We were very fortunate, so I don’t see any roadblocks to us getting the picture finished, getting both pictures finished.”

It must be noted that the Avatar sequels started development in 2017 and filming was halted earlier this year due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Disney moved all the Avatar sequels in July,  setting Avatar 2 on December 16, 2022, and Avatar 3 on December 20, 2024. The fourth and fifth pictures are expected in 2026 and 2028.

The original 2009 film became the highest-grossing movie of all time, raking in $2.79 billion worldwide on a $237 million budget.

Read More: Kurulus Osman: Burak Özçivit Shares Trailer Of First Episode Of Season 2